Want your child to be able to stay in Australia permanently? Find out if they’re eligible for a
Child visa – book your free consultation today.

If you’re an eligible resident of Australia, and you have a dependent child, they may be eligible to live in Australia on a Child visa.

There are three types of Child visa in Australia, each with slightly different criteria. Depending on the visa, they can grant your child:

And don’t worry – if you’re not sure what your best choice is, we can help! At Hansen Migration, we specialise in Australian family visas, including Child visas. Our Registered Migration Agents are experienced with all the different laws and requirements, and can help you sort out the best options for your family

Give your child the best chance of a fast, successful visa application. Book your free consultation today.

Here's How Hansen Migration Can Help You

What is an Australian Child visa?

A Child visa is designed to let children of Australian citizens, permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens live with their parents in Australia (including relocating to Australia if overseas).

There are three different types of Child visa. Depending on the visa, they can give either permanent or temporary rights:

Onshore or Offshore

Subclass 445 Dependent Child Temporary Visa

Onshore or Offshore

Subclass 801 or Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa


Subclass 802 Child Permanent Visa


Subclass 101 Child Permanent Visa

When granted, an Australian Child visa can give you (depending on subclass):

Who is eligible for a Child visa?

Child visas are available to dependent children of the following:

  • Australian citizens
  • Permanent residents of Australia
  • Eligible New Zealand citizens

They may be biological children, adopted children, or stepchildren.

The Dependent Child visa is available to children of parents who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309 or 820).

What are the requirements for the Child visa?

Depending on the subclass, Child visas may have several different requirements. These can include:

Each requirement is assessed against strict criteria set by the Australian government. Failing any test can result in the visa application being refused, and your application fee probably won’t be refunded. You could also be barred from applying for this visa again.

That’s why we recommend using the services of a Registered Migration Agent in any important visa application. At Hansen Migration, our agents are up to date on current laws and requirements. We can help catch any mistakes in your application, reduce your stress, and give you the best chance of a fast, successful visa grant.

Save yourself time and worry with the help of a Registered Migration Agent.
Book your free consultation.

What Our Clients Say

Download Your Free Family Visa Handbook

Looking for more details on the different visas and the requirements? We’ve put together this handy guide to help answer your questions. Just click below to download a copy today.

If you’ve still got questions after reading it, don’t stress – we can help. Book a free consultation with one of our Registered Migration Agents today.