Are you married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen? Do you need more information on how to apply for a partner visa and what evidence you need to provide?

We answer these questions and more! Our job is to make the partner visa application process as simple and stress-free, so you can get back to what's important to you!

Do you dream of joining your partner living in Australia? Perhaps you’re a skilled worker who wants your partner to come and enjoy the fruits of your labours with a new life in Australia? That’s not just a pipe dream, that’s a very possible reality.

The Australian government offers an Australia partner visa which allows an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor their partner to come and live with them permanently in Australia.


To be eligible for a Partner Visa, you must be either married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and be able to prove that your relationship is genuine. The path to permanent residency consists of two stages, where you are first granted a temporary Subclass 820 Partner Visa or a Subclass 300 Partner Visa. After approximately two years, if the relationship is still ongoing or there are exceptional circumstances, then you may be eligible to apply for a permanent Subclass 801 Partner Visa or a subclass 100 Partner Visa. Your dependent children may be included as part of the visa application.

Is Your relationship genuine?

Your relationship needs to be deemed genuine and will be assessed off four key criteria, which includes the financial aspects of the relationship, the social aspects of the relationship, the nature of the household and the nature of the commitment. At Hansen Migration we make suggestions about the evidence you can provide and how you can improve your chances of success.  

Onshore or Offshore Application? 

You can apply for a Partner Visa from within Australia (Subclass 820/801), or from outside of Australia (Subclass 309/100). If you apply onshore from within Australia you are eligible for a Bridging Visa A, allowing you live and work in Australia whilst waiting for the outcome of the Partner Visa application.  

Choose your own level of service

At Hansen Migration we offer different levels of service. You might be time poor and want us to take care of everything, or you might just want some advice, either way we have the service that suits your needs. 

Here's what our clients are saying: