Partner Visa 801 Australia

Do you dream of joining your partner living in Australia? Perhaps you’re a skilled worker who wants your partner to come and enjoy the fruits of your labours with a new life in Australia? That’s not just a pipe dream, that’s a very possible reality.

The Australian government offers an Australia partner visa which allows an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor their spouse or partner to come and live with them permanently in Australia.

You can apply for an Australian partnership visa under one of two different partner visa types – Subclass 820/201 (for those currently living temporarily in Australia) and Subclass 309/100 (for those who are living abroad from their Australia residing partners).

+ Read More

How to apply for a partner visa?

In order to be eligible for an Australian partner visa, you will need to be in a relationship with your partner for at least 12 months or be married, and be able to produce evidence of a genuine relationship. Permanent residency isn’t automatically granted.

First you will need to apply for a temporary partner visa and if granted, after two years, provided you are still in a relationship with the nominating partner, you may apply for a permanent visa.

You do not need to be currently living in Australia to apply for your initial temporary partner visa and dependent children can also be considered for residency as part of your partner visa application.

Where do I start?

Often the most confusing element of a visa application is in knowing where to start. Luckily, there are partner visa consultants who can help. Here at Hansen Migration, we are the leading partner visa agents in Australia, helping many spouses join their partners living out their dream life in Australia.

As the spousal visa process involves applying for and securing both a temporary and subsequently a permanent visa, there are numerous hurdles to jump over and hoops to jump through. However, we have the experience and expertise to help you apply for a partner visa for Australia.

Whether you simply need an assessment of eligibility and advice as to which visa type to pursue or you require assistance lodging your application or you need our help to manage every step of your partner visa application, we can service your needs. You only pay for the specific services you require.

The first step to securing your visa is to complete a free online assessment on our website. From there, our partner migration agents can assess your eligibility and how we can help and can advise on the next steps to take.

What are you waiting for? Your dream life in Australia awaits you. Start your free online assessment now.

Hansen Migration is the Australia's reputed Visa Consultant & Immigration Agents in Melbourne. We’ve helped thousands of immigrants to secure successful visa applications, and we can help you too. Complete your free online assessment today or call us on 0449944991.

- Read Less

Partner Visas

Many people develop new relationships during their travels around the World, sometimes these relationships become more serious. Thankfully the Australian government offer a number of different relationship visas, which allow an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor their spouse or partner. 

Partner Visa - Subclass 820/801 (Onshore) & Subclass 309/100 (offshore)

To be eligible for a Partner visa, a couple must be either married or have been in a de facto relationship for at least one year, and be able to prove their relationship is genuine. The path to permanent residency consists of two stages, where the applicant is first granted a temporary Partner visa. After two years, if the relationship is still ongoing or there are exceptional circumstances, the visa holder may be eligible to apply for permanent residency. Dependent children of the applicant may be included as part of the visa application. Partner visas can be applied for from within Australia, or from outside of Australia.   

Prospective Marriage Visa - Subclass 300

A Prospective Marriage visa provides the opportunity for new couples to develop their relationship and fulfill the requirements of a Partner visa. This is a temporary visa which allows the holder to remain in Australia for up to 9 months, during this time the couple must get married. The couple is required to prove that they have met each other at least once in person.