Are you an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen? 

Do your parents live overseas and don't have permanent residency for Australia?

Your parents might be eligible for a Parent Visa!

Talk to us today and find out if your parents are eligible. We help make the visa application process simple and stress-free, saving you a stack of time!

+ Read More

Parent Migration Visa Agents Melbourne

Content Coming Soon

- Read Less

Hi I'm Nick,

The thing I love about being a Migration Agent is helping clients unite with their loved ones by obtaining permanent residency in Australia.

Visas are more complicated than most people expect. But I use my expertise to save you time and stress.

I am a Migration Agent in Melbourne and specialise in Partnership Visas, Prospective Marriage Visas, New Zealand Family Relationship Visas and Parent Visas. 

Unsure where to start? Complete your FREE online assessment today.

Nick Hansen
Registered Migration Agent (MARN: 1679147)
Founder of Hansen Migration

basic requirements of a Parent visa

A Parent visa or Contributory Parent Visa allows you to sponsor your parents if you are a settled Australia citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. If you are a temporary resident and your spouse or de facto partner is Australian, they may also be able to sponsor your parents on your behalf. Children under the age of 18 can also sponsor their parents through a relative, guardian or a community organisation. 



The dilemma with Parent Visas is whether you pay the high application charges (currently a minimum of $47300) for the Contributory Parent Visa which will give your parent permanent residency within 3 years. Or do you wait 30 years for a standard Parent Visa to be processed and live on a Bridging Visa in the meantime.  


Balance of family test

All Parent Visas and Contributory Parent Visas require your parent to pass a balance of family test, which means that an equal or greater number of their children are Australian, in comparison to their non-Australian children.


Assurance of support

A mandatory assurance of support (AoS) is required for all permanent Parent Visas and Contributory Parent Visas. This is a financial bond which is paid by an assurer to provide financial support to your migrating parent. This means that they don’t have to rely on social welfare payments, which are normally at the cost of the Australian community. The assurer does not necessarily have to be the sponsor of the parent.


Choose your own level of service

At Hansen Migration we offer different levels of service. Whether you're time poor and want us to take care of everything, or you just want some advice, we have the service that suits your needs. 

Here's what our clients are saying: